– Another great day for adventure! We enjoy our breakfast before we depart to experience the mighty rainforest of Monteverde. This guided day will include a hike on suspension bridges, or hanging bridges as they are called here. On this hike we get to walk through and see many of the 2,500 plant species in the forest. We will also visit a butterfly garden and a hummingbird garden before we get to do one of Costa Rica’s best zipline adventures! The night is open to discover one of Santa Elena’s many great restaurants.
– Today we will get ready in the morning to move on to our next stop, the beautiful beaches of Manuel Antonio. We will travel through some amazing nature as we arrive first to fishing town Quepos before we get to Manuel Antonio. After your check-in you will have the afternoon to enjoy the beautiful beach located just 500 ft (150 m) from our hotel. Manuel Antonio offers a stunning sunset, a beautiful moment to share with your loved ones.
– We start this day early in the morning; there is time for a delicious buffet breakfast before the lodge’s transportation picks us up. The transportation will be in a modern tourist bus and we will pass some beautiful nature and banana plantations. The last part of the transportation will be by boat for about 45 minutes on the river delta until we arrive at the hotel. After the check-in we will do our first tour, which is a visit to Tortuguero town where we get to interact with the locals and visit the Caribbean Sea.
– As this day begins we enjoy our breakfast before we check out and start our next part of our journey towards La Fortuna and Arenal volcano. This transportation itself will show us much beautiful scenery, and if we are lucky, we get to see more wild animals before we enter the town of La Fortuna and see the majestic volcano loom as an amazing backdrop. We will arrive in the afternoon, and if you are interested you can additionally reserve a night hike or just enjoy your evening.
– We wake up and hope that it will be clear skies so we can see the top of the great volcano Arenal. This day is going to be filled with activities. Our first one is horseback riding to the beautiful waterfall La Fortuna. If you prefer not to do horseback riding you can go by car. After the waterfall we have lunch on our own before we meet up again in the afternoon to join our guide to hike around the Arenal volcano. When we have finished the hike, we will go to the hot springs where we will enjoy the natural mineral hot springs where we get to relax before we have our dinner.
– Today we are leaving beautiful La Fortuna to continue our adventure as we set out for Monteverde and its lush rainforest. We will go by jeep or minivan to the Arenal Lake where we get on our boat that will take us across the lake where we are picked up by another jeep or minivan. After we have checked in at the hotel we have the afternoon to explore the town of Santa Elena or you can additionally reserve a coffee tour.
– These two days are for you to enjoy and relax on the beautiful beach of Manuel Antonio. If you still feel like you want to discover more things and enjoy the great diversity of nature and wildlife, we recommend a visit to the national park located just 650 ft (200 m) from your hotel. If you like fishing this is a great place to be; located just 10-15 minutes away by car is the Quepos marina that offers world-class sportfishing!
– This day starts early as well as we join our guide to go on a riverboat tour where we can see a large number of animals such as crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, many different species of birds, and if we are lucky, sloths too. After our exciting riverboat tour, we get to relax for a while and enjoy our lunch. After lunch we will once again join up with our guide and go for a rainforest hike to see more nature and animals.
– When you arrive at the airport you will be picked up by the hotel’s shuttle service. After you have checked in you can enjoy one of the hotel’s restaurants, pool area, spa, or why not have a tropical drink in one of the bars? If you arrive early you can go to San Jose center to discover the country’s capital or visit the more luxurious areas of Escazu or Santa Ana for a meal or shopping.
– This day of our itinerary starts off with a final Costa Rican breakfast with its black gold– coffee. Your checkout will depend on the timing of your flight back home, and we will arrange your transportation so you have plenty of time to get to the airport. This will be goodbye for this time, but you are always warmly welcome back to Costa Rica!